When your Mac is enrolled in Capstan Management, we install some software tools, apps, and preference panes. Here's a quick list of what's installed and what they do:
- Textwrangler.app - this is a plain text editor made by Bare Bones software.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.app - a free tool to manually remove Malware and Adware. Malware and Adware are removed automatically during check-ins, but this tool can be useful for a quick manual check.
- OmniDiskSweeper.app - this app looks at the folders on your hard drive, and calculates how much space your documents, movies, music, photos are using. Helpful if you're getting close to running out of space and want to see where you can delete some items.
- Advanced Monitoring Agent - this is the support tool which runs in the background on your Mac and will regularly "check-in with the mothership" to report status and download updates.
- Advanced Maintenance Manual Start - this is a tool I might need you to run if for some reason your machine isn't getting the updates we expect.
- Capstan Systems Monitoring - this preference pane will run a health check on your Mac every hour and report any problems or upcoming issues to our management console.